Chemical and physical properties of neon
Neon gas is generally known as inert (as described above), monatomic, colourless, odourless, tasteless, lighter than air, and noncombustible under standard conditions.
What are the chemical properties of neon?
- periodic table classification: group 18, period 2
- atomic number (= number of protons in the nucleus): 10
- atomic mass: 20.179 g/mol-1
- density: 0.000825 g/cm3
What are the physical properties of neon?
- melting point: -248.59 °C (-415.45 °F)
- boiling point: 246.048 °C (-410.883 °F)
- triple point (= the point at which the three phases of a substance coexist in thermodynamic equilibrium): 24.5561 K (248.5 °C)